As a Social Media / Community Manager you will own the communication channels and maintenance of the community. You will be our eyes and ears to the community and be our “authentic player” within the development team. We believe in working with the community to create and maintain games from concept to post live, when we continue to make content. We are looking for someone who genuinely loves playing games, understands gamers and is able to build and grown communities. You will be responsible for building bonds, finding new and interesting ways to engage in the community and channel all the feedback to the developers working within the games team to create content we can enjoy playing with our gamers.
- Concept out a plan of player engagement with our games throughout the development processes (concept, preproduction, production and live development) with our current and future products
- Create valuable and attractive content that our players want to be engaged in and want to play
- Engage players on YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter and other social media channels
- Keep players happy and motivated by building engaging, player-focused retention programs
- Be instrumental in driving the dialogue between the player community and the Lion game Lion development teams
- Create and coordinate community-facing initiatives including contests, volunteer programs, fan site programs, collegiate programs, offline events, convention presence, email campaigns, and social media initiatives
- Be responsible for generating all key messaging related to games and services. Engage with third parties to enhance Lion game Lion messages
- Install and develop new age community values with Lion game Lion in bright, and manage our community leaders
- Collaborate with other teams on player advocacy efforts, engagement programs, and community training to help Lion game Lions development teams support community values
- Be analytical. With all the tool sets out there you will be able to measure your performance to constantly improve
- Act as our link with publications by working with various news and information outlets both physical and digital to give our name and games messages a presence
- Work with internal and external teams to create video, static, text and other materials for our platforms
To be successful in this position you are:
- A gamer. Live and breathe video games. After all, it’s what we make
- A Driver of the social and community presence. You don’t need to ask permission to join a meeting with players or developers and advocate on behalf of the community
- A team player. Possessing the ability to collaborate and interface with a wide range of partners and cultures both internally and externally and both domestic and international
- A leader. Connect and drive the community forward and coalition builder. Strong engagement skills, including ability to dialogue and settle disputes between players
- An extrovert with excellent communication skills. Accountable in maintaining an authentic voice and ensure that this voice is applied in all channels where engagement is happening, from CRM, web articles, in-game, etc.
- Understanding. Acquire clarity regarding the different segments of players inside your games and actively present them content that fulfills their needs depending on where they are in their lifecycle.
- Continuously play games and know what a good and bad community looks like and how to best work with the community
- A trend setter. Someone who is able to create campaigns that will trend throughout social media and raise the profile of Lion game Lion and our games
- At least 2 years working in social media or community management
- Social network savvy (proficiency)
- Strong customer service skills and a professional attitude
- Fluency in English
Still reading? Great! We offer you a position at a dynamic and rapidly growing company where we live and die by gameplay. While we grow, we want you to grow with us and to evolve in your professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.professional development and make our games kick-ass within the gaming industry.
Sounds good? Then we can’t wait to see your resumé and meet you!